Organization Development Consultant
Meeting Design & Facilitation
Designed and facilitated dozens of meetings and workshops to help clients collaborate, build consensus, learn and problem solve more effectively. I designed and facilitated the effective and creative meetings for:
• Directors from the philanthropy sector to improve and spread best practices across the sector
• Non-profit develop a strategic plan to focus and action plan around the organization’s two-year plan
• Managers of a national healthcare system improve communication, management skills and accountability
• A Department to assess the complex data they had to support in the strategic planning of organization-wide initiative
• International cross-functional teams to convene and better collaborate and communicate
• Dozens of small group wanting to develop their teams and individual leadership abilities
• Developed and implemented, the creation of learning curriculum & training materials for end-users around the globe on a electronic health records aplication
• Developed, implemented, monitored and analyzed employee surveys to develop recommendations for process improvements
• Analyzed business systems and developed recommendations on how to increase efficiency and address complex interpersonal team dynamics
• Created a line of products from client’s body of work (workshops, forms, work books, etc)
• Supported clients in their work with their clients, partners and business development efforts
• Created measurements to analyze and track organizational impact and employee trainings
Communications / Public Relations
• Helped clients design digital and physical marketing materials (brochures, business cards, fliers, etc).
• Developed strategy for clients to best leverage their Social Media presence
• Designed and implemented internal communications, public relations, investor newsletters and web presence for a international medical software company
• Exponentially grew Social Media community food-waste fighting start-up from ~100 to 2,500
• Created and executed outreach to food producers & community groups, increasing the organizations membership and visibility from 10 to 3,544
• Supported local, regional, national and international media coverage (NPR, Al Jazeera, Time, PRI)
Account Manager, Tramutola Advisors, Oakland, CA 2009 - 2013
Crafted strategy and communications for 45 tax and candidate elections, resulting in the passage of $2.983 Billion in funds for public infrastructure, hospitals and schools. Coordinated and managed public relations and marketing for small to large public and private entities, including statewide initiatives, super-majority tax elections, corporate outreach/government affairs and candidate campaigns.
• Implemented imaginative and data driven solutions to ensure success for a diverse client base
• Conducted and analyzed qualitative and quantitative research in order to develop solutions for winning campaigns
• Helped design, copy write, and coordinate print/mail for 25 unique campaigns
• Implemented state-of-the-art phone banking technology to increase voter contact by 30%
• Recruited, trained (bi-lingual) and mobilized thousands of diverse volunteers statewide with highly target presentations in Spanish and English.
• Updated and modernized database to assist in Web 2.0 marketing efforts
• Implemented Web 2.0 strategy to assist in business development
• Built cross-industry relationships from a diverse set of stakeholders (unions, developers, non-profits, government and education)
• Directed management and supervision of diverse colleagues, client staff and volunteers utilizing various reporting tactics and metrics in the midst of pressure packed campaign environments
Co-Founder & Director, The Organizing & Leadership Academy (TOLA), Oakland, CA 2009 - 2013
Instrumental in taking TOLA from an idea to a successful program (now in it’s fifth year and seventh cohort). This included the creation and implementation of the application process, the coordination and identification of grassroots projects, the recruitment of fellows, the design and continually assessment and improve of curriculum and program experience, and the marketing of TOLA’s impact.
• Crafted and implemented strategies for 11 diverse grassroots organizing projects ranging from parcel taxes, to complex development proposals to business improvement district renewals.
• Created and implemented program marketing plan and application process
• Recruited 30 Fellows to participate in the program from a field of 63 applicants.
• Trained, motivated, coached and graduated four classes of Fellows
Entrepreneur, Soundwell Ink, Eugene, OR 2006 - 2009
Co-founder of silkscreen t-shirt printing company during college. Sales, marketing and business development efforts for collegiate special events.
Masters in Organization Development. May 2015, Sonoma State University
Bachelor of Arts in History, March 2009, University of Oregon, Dean’s List
Spanish Language Immersion Program, University of Oviedo, Spain
Travel - North / Central / South America, Southeast Asia, Europe, and Caribbean
Bi-lingual (Spanish), Presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Remote call center technology, Social Media, Photography, Video Editing, Acting, Disc Golf.